March 31, 2005

MEETING BIG SEXY

My wife pregnant, just finished the academy and looking for a job in law enforcement, how can it get any better. Well let me tell you, it's fucking hard to find a department that wants to hire a person fresh out of the academy. They all want someone with a few years behind them. Now I'm starting to worry a little. The part time job I took while in the academy isn't going to pay for Tamara, baby and me.
About three months after I finished the academy, while at work I met a man who was friends with a high ranking officer in a community not to far from where I lived. Long story short, I got hired...but, I had to work in the jail before I could work on the street, hey...I got my foot in the door.
On the first day my supervisor takes me on a tour of the jail, explains the duties and introduces me to the other officers. The first person I meet is a 6' 4", 340 lbs monster of a man. I thought to myself..."don't piss this one off, and if you do, pray you can out run him." Little did I know that this monster of a man would turn out to be one of my best friends and my partner throughout my current career. Later in our career someone coined him "Big Sexy", I don't call him that...it kind of grosses me out, I just call him Jr.
Before my short jail duty ends and I'm put on patrol, Tamara gives birth to our beautiful son. I've been employed only a short time, however they give me two weeks off to be at home with the newest member of the family. I never knew how awesome it would feel to become a dad, I smile now just thinking about it.
I got the promotion to Patrol and had to leave my partner Jr in the jail. Little did I know it wouldn't be to long before he join me. Jr put himself through the academy as I did and a little over a year he was put on the same shift as me. After some shift shuffles, our shifts changed and Jr's new shift and mine overlapped. So we worked about 5 hours together. About one or two weeks after he was out on his own (not having to ride with a Supervisor) Jr got a call for a suicidal subject. I was close by and called in as his back up and from the time I arrived to the end of the call was some of the most intense feelings a rookie can go through.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the first time I saw Dapper Dan I thought what a Cocky Fucker. I now know Dapper Dan is a Cocky Fucker but will be there as a friend. I hope he tells the whole story. By the way I am 6'4" 330lbs Thank you very much.

March 31, 2005 11:50 AM  
Blogger Raquita said...

I really like reading your blog WRITE SOME MORE!!!

April 20, 2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Wanting said...

officers Cocky Fucker and Big Sexy...hmm....this doesn't sound like any episode of Law & Order I've ever seen...

April 27, 2005 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home