June 26, 2005

DO YOU EVER WONDER?

Since Jack introduced me to the world of blogs, I have read quite a few. Some I go back to and others, I try to forget. There are tons and tons of reading material. Just about every and anything. I'm still exploring the world of blogs and finding my favorite sites.

As for Jack's site and all my other favorites to date, I check daily. As I read I can't help but wonder what the person looks like. Based off of their writings my mind tries to picture them. I know what Jack looks like, I see him almost everyday. Next to Jack's site, I've been reading Kim's the longest. My mind sees her a certain way, but I know I may be way off. The same goes for Trashman and Wanting. I can't stand not knowing who is talking. I know this is a form of release for these people but I still want to know. If I did know what you all looked like, would it ruin some of the readings? Maybe.

Some sites offer pictures of the writers. A Diva in Red, puts her picture up for all the world to see. It doesn't take anything away because it's always been there. The same goes for April, even though she just gives us a peek.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this, other then curiosity. You all have great blogs and I will continue to read no matter what. Hell, I don't show myself on my blog.

Hats off to all of you, keep up the great work. I was just wondering out loud.

17 Comments:

Blogger Wanting said...

awww..and I was going to make a smartass comment about your sooner-than-expected-what-made-you-do-it post. I won't...this time...

June 26, 2005 1:19 PM  
Blogger Wanting said...

I'm glad you come back, Blade, but I also look forwaard to your comments...

June 26, 2005 1:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lucky stiff... you know what Jack looks like. I know what you mean though, I wonder too sometimes if boggers look anything like I imagine them. then again, that's part of the fun.

June 26, 2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger a_diva_in_red said...

I've seen a few of my favorites and more often than not, it takes away from the mystery once you see them. Ignorance is bliss...in more ways than one.

June 26, 2005 6:22 PM  
Blogger trutje M. said...

I like it when I can see what a blogger looks like, but I do not miss it when I do not see it. My mind fills in the blanks for me and my mind never makes people ugly :) I read a blog because of what is written, not on how the page or the person looks like.

I read your entire blog yesterday ( lazy Sunday here) and added you. Hope you do not mind. If you do let me know.

June 27, 2005 1:16 AM  
Blogger BladeRunner said...

Thank you all for the comments. I guess the not knowing is part of the pleasure of reading.

Martine- thanks for adding me, I don't mind at all.

June 27, 2005 10:44 AM  
Blogger Trashman said...

All I can tell you about my looks is I'm one pretty MoFo. Ask Jack, he's always trying to touch me.

June 27, 2005 11:03 AM  
Blogger BladeRunner said...

Trashman, for some reason I believe you. Goes back to one of April's post and the way Jack looks at me.

June 27, 2005 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Newcomer.

Knowing what a blogger looks like is great. Having met a couple of bloggers in person I'd say that's even better.

But one can easily get carried away with posting self portraits to the point of narcissism.

Dunno. Just my two cents.

June 30, 2005 8:56 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

Hi Blade,

Love the blog... I've been reading Jack for a while and read your whole blog this morning :)

Hope you don't mind but I linked you!

June 30, 2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger Wanting said...

...safer that way, too.

June 30, 2005 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Big Sexy should get a blog...I'm sure he'd probably post more often than YOU do...

June 30, 2005 5:17 PM  
Blogger Traci Dolan said...

I have pics of me on my blog but you gotta look for 'em. I've met a lot of bloggers in person and have talked to them on the phone. I think the voice is what intrigues me because then I can "hear" it as I"m reading their post.

June 30, 2005 8:20 PM  
Blogger micki said...

Came over from Jack's blog. You gonna post about the sweet-n-low incident?

I enjoyed reading your archives. You're a very good writer. I'm gonna link you right next to 'sparkling glitter rainbow ponies'. Ask Jack what that is...LMAO!

July 01, 2005 7:02 AM  
Blogger Derek Knight said...

it's like that with radio. Except for all the typing and reading and stuff.

You know what I mean.

July 01, 2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger BladeRunner said...

Thanks for all the comments. All who have been so kind to link me, Thank You. The tears are building in my eyes...of course that may be just the sweet n low, who knows?

July 01, 2005 11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm hooked

July 12, 2005 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home