January 12, 2006

NARC NO MORE

Soon The Story Of A Use To Be Narc.
If Jack hasn't already said so, I'm no longer working the narc scene. I'm back on the beat, uniform, patrol or whatever you want to call it. Now my day consist of taking calls and making traffic stops. I'll post more of the story later, let me start with this first.
It's good to be back, sorry it took so long. I had a lot of shit going on in my professional life (read the first paragraph). Anyways, hope you guys are still out there. It's kind of funny how you start to miss reading the replies. Ok, Ok here's the story.
I hate DWIs, there a pain in the ass, not only dealing with the drunk but also the hours and hours of paperwork involved. The courts have made arresting a drunk driver a long and painful job for law enforcement.
My first day back in a uniform was in December. Because I have been out of uniform for four years, my supervisors said I needed to ride with a training officer until I got back into the swing of things. So on my first day back I'm riding shotgun with an officer I've known my whole career. It's been a long day (12 hours) and I'm ready to go home. I get a call for a minor accident in the district I'm assigned to and we proceed to the location. Once there, I determined, the guy that caused the accident was intoxicated. He tells me he wasn't driving the vehicle and his passengers are telling me, Oh yes he was. Long story short, the guy goes to jail for DWI, he states he's gonna fight it in court. I love first days back.
Blade!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back Blade. good to see you're alive and kicking.

January 13, 2006 12:53 AM  
Blogger Wanting said...

glad you're back...was wondereing how you were...just be careful...


ya know the bad part is that there's always some lawyer who'll actually defend an idiot like that..

January 13, 2006 3:15 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Welcome back Blade. Will you share the story of how you wound up back on the beat, or can you write about that?

Hope those twelve hour days don't keep you from posting (although it will be understandable if they do).

January 13, 2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Wanting said...

I just hope it won't be as long in posting...we've been waiting for you....until then be careful.

btw...loved the comment...I thought it was supposed to be between us, tho....

January 14, 2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger Wanting said...

so WHY did you go back to being a cop on the beat....?

January 14, 2006 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home