May 12, 2006

Puke; There Are Things I Hate About This Job

You've heard Jack and I talk about digging trash, not one of the most glamorous parts of the job. However, it needs to be done. So with one of the rookies in tow, we go and take someone's trash. We take it back to our agency and prepare to dig through it. Granted, I came to work this day not feeling to good. I was running a fever, my head was splitting and I felt like I could puke at any moment.
Back to the story, I explained to Homer (the rookie) how to go about taking the trash, we get it done without a hitch. We then go back to the agency, go around back where the trash dumpster are and I explain what we're looking for and how to go about picking through the trash. Not feeling so well, Homer is doing most of the picking, not all, but most.
Then as I'm going through part I find a large amount of dog feces, not dry and old but moist and fresh. If the overwhelming odor of dog crap doesn't do it, the odor of rotten meat did. The two rotten odors fill my nose with the most horrible smell that seems to go straight to my stomach. This tells my stomach, "hey, that smells like shit and rotten meat. We should get that out of here immediately." Which it does, as I hurl in front of the rookie, who just heard me say before we got started, "I've never puked digging trash, come close but never have."
I'm glad the rookies have someone to look up to. There are things about this job I most certainly hate.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanting said...

wow...twice in one week...and what a topic! Thank you for that visual...

May 13, 2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger BladeRunner said...

I have a way with words.

May 13, 2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You knew you were jinxing yourself as soon as you said "I've never puked digging trash," didn't you?

May 15, 2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Trashman said...

I knew you and Jack looked at me funny. LOL

May 15, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger BladeRunner said...

I do dig you trash.

May 16, 2006 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

March 06, 2007 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home